In this one-on-one Mentorship workshop, I will work with you exclusively and share with you my creative workflow of sculpting in Medium, rendering in KeyShot and finishing it with paint in Photoshop. You will discover the benefits of working in VR space and learn how to apply this process to create artwork for both personal and professional use. In the process, I will guide you to explore the fluidity of art-making and to help realize your artistic vision and expression.
I'm an interdisciplinary artist with professional experience working in VFX matte painting, concept art and illustration. Past studio projects include Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Thor: The Dark World, The Lone Ranger, Elysium, Cosmos, EA: Need for Speed and more. I'm also an Adjunct Professor teaching at the San Jose State University and the California College of the Arts in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Day 1: Introduction to VR sculpting (4-5 hours)
- I will demo sculpting in Medium. You will practice and get feedback from me. We will communicate via screenshare.
(* You don't need any prior VR experience for this introduction day. )
Day 2: Work on your own design (4-5 hours)
- Have a sketch of your design ready. I will help you to create it as a VR sculpt in Medium.
Day 3: Render and paint (4-5 hours)
- We will take your VR sculpt to KeyShot, light and render it and then add final touches in Photoshop.
(* KeyShot is my choice of 3D rendering software. You may choose your own 3D software and apply the same principles to it. )
HOW TO SIGN UP:
You may sign up for this mentorship as a 3-day bundle or per day.
- If you want to learn only VR sculpting, you sign up for Day 1 and Day 2.
- If you have some VR sculpting experience already, you may sign up for Day 2 and Day 3.
- If you want to understand the whole process, then sign up for all 3 days.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- High speed internet
- Software: Medium (Oculus Medium), KeyShot, Photoshop
- Communication: Zoom or Hangout, email
WHO IS THIS MENTORSHIP FOR:
- Ideal for 2D digital artists who are interested in incorporating VR sculpting in their workflow
- Suitable for all artists who are interested in learning VR sculpting
PORTFOLIO IS REQUIRED:
- Please submit 5-10 images of your personal or professional artwork (2D or 3D)