This program will demonstrate how to develop unique designs using the female figure as a whimsical subject. One of the goals in this course is to challenge the artist to exercise the freedom of the imaginative approach with hints of realistic concepts of drawing and painting.
Duration: 1 month
- Ideas/Inspiration sources
- References and Sketchbook
- Geometric Shapes
- Composition/layouts/silhouettes Assignment: Creation of 8 different layouts
- Facial expressions
- Character's personality ( attitude )
- Interaction with the viewer and other elements Assignment: Creation of 5 different designs based on a suggested theme including the character's different facial expressions.
- From sketch to the line art
- Painting 1 ( flat local colors)
- Painting 2 ( rendering ) Assignment: Applying the lines, lighting, and colors on one of the five layouts created on week 2.
- Creating textures( skin, hair, fur, etc).
- Creating your own special brushes
- Elements of Backgrounds
- Special suggestions for practicing
Software: This course is recommended for Clip Studio Paint users. However, it can be suitable for most software dedicated to digital painting.
Each week the student will receive:
- 1 Video demonstration/lecture
- 1 Email with review/paint over and etc
- 1 Meeting online ( 1 hour )
- 1 Assignment
VR / AR
Semi Realistic Cartoon
Level Required: All Levels
In Person Meeting
Online Meeting Tools
Timezone Calendar: Eastern Standard Time GMT-5:00