In this Mentorship you learn principles of Portraiture for People and Characters.
Duration: 1 Month
Each week you will receive:
- 1 video lecture/tutorial or LIVE Webinar
- 1 assignment
- E-mail with feedback / paintovers / etc
- 1 online session for evaluation, feedback, etc.
Week 1: Introduction to Portraiture
~ Portraiture throughout History
~ Types of Portraits
~ Focal points
~ Assignment (working with thumbnails)
Week 2: Portraiture of People
~ Sketch & Composition
~ Understanding Skin Tones and Hair
~ Types of Lighting
~ Assignment (breaking down photography)
Week 3: Portraiture of Characters
~ Planning / Creating the Character
~ Finding and using references
~ Planning the Values, Colour Palette and Lighting
~ Colouring and Building Lighting
Week 4: Further Steps for Mastering Portraiture on Your Own
~ Experimenting with different brushes and media
~ Different ways to apply texture
~ Studies of anatomy and expessions
~ Planning practise and Meontorship Feedback
Portfolio is required
~ Min. 6 artworks or images on portfolio - max 16.
~ Limited to 3 students!!!
Any program where you can paint digitally: Corel Painter, Procreate, Photoshop, etc.
Who is this mentorship for?
- For you who would like to be proficient at painting portraits of people and/or characters
- For Concept Artists/Visual Development artists or aspiring