Learn how to Paint Digitally (or upgrade your technique) with focus on Realism - From Sketches to Polished works.
Duration: 1 Month
Each week you will receive:
- 1 video lecture/tutorial or LIVE Webinar
- 1 assignment
- E-mail with feedback / paintovers / etc
- 1 online session for evaluation, feedback, etc.
Week 1: Introduction to Realism
~ Realism throughout History
~ How to observe Reality/Nature and what to look for when sketching
~ Understanding Silhouettes and Shapes
~ Assignment (working with thumbnails)
Week 2: Natural Lighting & Colour-Value
~ Understanding Natural Lighting
~ Understanding Colour Schemes available in Nature and the real world
~ Assignments (working with thumbnails & small size)
Week 3: Sketching Reality
~ Planning / Creating the Subject or Theme
~ Finding and using references
~ Different Sketching Techniques
~ Assignments (working in high res)
Week 4: Further Steps for Mastering Realism on Your Own
~ Improvising and experimenting
~ Polishing Realism to Photo-Realism
~ Planning practise and Meontorship Feedback
Portfolio is required
~ Min. 6 artworks or images on portfolio - max 16.
~ Limited to 3 students!!!
Any program where you can paint digitally: Corel Painter, Procreate, Photoshop, etc.
Who is this mentorship for?
- For you who would like to improve your technique into realism or would like to learn it from scratch
- For Concept Artists/Visual Development artists or aspiring